Pre-Purchase Inspection Terms and Conditions
PRE-PURCHASE INSPECTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Pre-Purchase Inspection Reports are based on a comprehensive inspection of the condition of the specific items set out in this inspection form. Customers who would like any parts of the vehicle removed or dismantled should ask Cooper Automotive for a quote.
- Cooper Automotive will not be held responsible for any defects that could reasonably be expected to have become evident by the dismantling or removal of parts of the vehicle or are not included in the inspection list.
- Supplementary Restraint or Air Bag Systems have been specifically excluded from this test due to the complexity of the test procedures. Clients who are considering the purchase of a vehicle fitted with an SRS Air Bag system are advised to refer the vehicle to an authorised service agent for system functionality.
- Cooper Automotive will not be held liable for any electrical or electronic faults that could not have been reasonably identified at the time of the inspection due to the fault being intermittent in nature or would disassembly of vehicle components would be required in order to identify the fault/s
- The Pre-Purchased Inspection Report is not a substitute for a roadworthy test which is a tolerance test. The customer acknowledges that a receipt of a satisfactory condition report does not mean that a vehicle will also pass a roadworthy test.
- The Customer authorises the Examining Mechanic and Authorised Representatives of Cooper Automotive to drive the vehicle on public roads for testing purposes only.
- Subject to the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or any other act of Parliament, all implied terms and conditions are excluded.
- To the extent permissible under the Trade Practices Act and any other act of parliament, the liability of Cooper Automotive for any loss or damage to the vehicle or suffered by the Customer by reason of:
- Any breach of any term, conditions or warranty implied by such legislation, shall be limited to the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; and
- Any breach of contract or statue or any tort (including negligence) committed by the Cooper Automotive shall be limited to an amount equal to the Pre-Purchase Inspection fee paid by the Customer to Cooper Automotive for the inspection.
For more information please contact us