|Warranty||All Repairs||All Servicing||Second hand parts|
|Time||12 months or 20,000 kilometres, whichever comes first.||6 months or 10,000 kilometres, whichever comes first.||Generally 3 months* dependent on supplier. Please note this is a guide only, please ask your Cooper Service Centre for details at time of work.|
*If the part is found to be faulty during the warranty period, labour will be charged to the customer to remove and replace. Faulty workmanship is covered for the same length of time as the part warranty however can only be claimed for genuine faulty workmanship and not to replace a faulty part or other mechanical issue.
The Cooper Automotive Warranty covers all parts that are supplied and fitted by Cooper Automotive and all workmanship performed by Cooper Automotive. Where we make a mistake, we will rectify the workmanship free of charge within the warranty period. The Cooper Automotive Warranty applies to the State of Tasmania only.
We are serious about customer satisfaction and are happy to receive feedback on our service. We maintain high standards of work, however in the unlikely situation there is an issue you can be reassured you are covered through our strong warranties.
The Cooper Automotive warranty is in addition to other rights and remedies you have under Australian Consumer Law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
Exceptions to the Cooper Automotive Warranty:
- The vehicle must have been used normally for its intended purpose, have been properly maintained and used in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- Warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear.
- Outside interference with work that has been carried out by a Cooper Automotive Service Centre will void this warranty.
- Warranty claims will not be accepted if incorrect or contaminated fuels, additives, lubricants or coolants have been used, or if the vehicle has been used in any motor sport competition or trial.
- Warranty does not cover incidental loss or damage, including towing or loss of profits.
How do I make a claim?
To make a Cooper Automotive warranty claim please contact the Service Centre where your work was carried out. Your vehicle will need to be returned to a Cooper Automotive Service Centre to be assessed and any repairs under a successful warranty claim will only be carried out by Cooper Automotive or a warranty agent appointed by Cooper Automotive.