For warranty claims, contact your local Service Centre at which you purchased the battery. If the store can’t help you with your claim, please contact head office at [email protected] or on 03 6245 0993.
Battery warranties commence from date of purchase. Other warranty conditions vary between brands. Please see general conditions below.
If Cooper Automotive finds on examination that the battery is defective due to faulty manufacturing and is within the specified warranty, then the battery will be replaced with an equivalent battery free of charge. The warranty period is not renewed or extended as a result of this replacement subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
This warranty covers batteries that become unusable or unserviceable due to defects in material and/or workmanship. Warranty period commences from date of original purchase. This warranty covers the product ranges under the TECHCHG and ONMECH battery brands. Proof of purchase and return of good(s) in question must accompany any request for warranty. No exceptions will be accepted.
General Battery Warranties (Private use).
Private use is a vehicle used for private needs, as opposed to business uses. These vehicle are generally defined as having only four wheels and are not used to carry passengers or goods for monetary purposes.
This warranty does not apply to batteries that break or fail due to abuse or neglect such as:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Incorrect or under specified battery type or fitted to vehicle/application
- Charge system problem/incorrect charging creating an over-charge or under-charge situation
- Prolonged storage of the car or very minimal use
- Deep discharge applications (heavy accessory loads etc)
- Electrical faults, Shorts, Excessive loads and loose wiring
- Damage to the battery caused by the consumer or other in-car and application fault
- Any battery modifications such as acid additives, lead terminal changes, or any other contaminates
- Any batteries received at 9V or lower for 12V batteries, 6V or lower for 8V batteries and 4.5V or lower 6V batteries will be deemed as discharged and neglected.